I know I am posting after a very long time & I have not been able to make a post regularly, as my writing had taken a back seat for a while and there was some technical glitch with my blog. I was not able to upload the pictures on the posts. I really apologize for the same and I will try to be more regular with my posts.
Today I am back with a recipe for a very fresh summery salad made with Moong Sprouts. This salad is a great crowd pleaser, so go and make it for your potlucks, dinner parties or lunch parties. This salad is so versatile that it goes well with almost everything and at any time of the day whether you serve it in breakfast, lunch , dinner or with drinks as well. I had made this delicious sprouts salad for a get together of our friends at my mom’s place.
This salad is super simple to make and and no oil in this salad makes it super healthy to eat. You can make this salad with ready made sprouts or you can make your own sprouts at home. I made the salad with the ready made ones. For this salad, we will steam or boil the sprouts till they are tender, but if you like a little crunch, you can leave them half cooked. This salad has its own freshness and crunchiness from all the veggies we add to it. You can get creative and add as many veggies you want & like, but I will be sharing my version here.
Serves: 4-5 people
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
For the recipe, you will need:
- 2 cups Moong Sprouts
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Boiled Potato, diced into small cubes
- 1 Cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- A few Lemon slices for garnishing
- Steam/Boil the sprouts in the microwave for 4-5 minutes till they are tender. We have to make them tender for this salad. Strain them and keep them in the strainer and let them cool.
- In a bowl, mix all the salad ingredients and give them a nice toss. Do a taste test and adjust seasoning and lemon juice. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon slices.
- Your super simple and healthy salad is ready. Serve it chilled or at room temperature.
Thanks for reading..!!!