Hope you all liked my previous post for Litchi Cooler and tried it at home. Today, I would again be sharing an another unique flavored drink – PLUM COOLER. I tried this out of curiosity when I had this batch of plums lying in my refrigerator for so long and no one was eating them as they had a little thick skin and were not that juicy unlike their usual characteristics.
I usually like to eat these juicy fruits as it is but when they turn out to be disaster to eat them raw, I think of ways to use them up in innovative ways. Hence, I had to experiment with these plums as well & come up with this concoction. The drink came out to be really yum with a unique sweet & tangy flavor.
For this recipe, I am not mentioning any specific measurements & quantities as all the ingredients need to be added as per your own taste & they totally depend on the actual natural sweetness & juiciness of the fruit itself.
Moving on to the recipe, you’ll need:
- Black Salt
- Ice cubes
- Wash and cut the plums into small cubes; and remove the seeds.
- Add some sugar and a little water to the chopped fruit and pressure cook it till 1-2 whistles.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Blend & strain the mixture and store the made concentrate in an air-tight bottle.
- To serve, put a little concentrate in a glass, add chilled water and a little sprinkle of black salt.
- Top it with ice cubes and serve chilled.
- You can use Club Soda instead of water, in case you want a fizzy drink.
- You can replace sugar with honey to make it more healthier.
- You can add lemon juice as well to make it a plum lemonade.
- You can add mint leaves for garnishing as well.
Thanks for reading..!!