This is a separate post to share an amazing recipe of a delicious & unique dip – Basil Pesto. As I mentioned in my previous post, this is no my recipe but my cousin’s & uses a lot of fresh sweet basil, pine nuts & extra virgin olive oil.
For the recipe, you’ll need:
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Ingredients for Pesto:
- Sweet Basil – 500 grams, washed thoroughly
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 125-150 ml or accordingly lesser as per preference
- A big handful of Pine Nuts, roasted
- Grated Parmesan Cheese as per preference
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preparation Method for Pesto:
- Dry roast the pine nuts lightly in a non-stick pan and keep them aside to cool.
- Grind the washed basil in a food processor till coarsely ground and start pouring olive oil slowly in the food processor.
- Add pine nuts & Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper & grind again till you get the desired consistency of the sauce.
- Store the Pesto in refrigerator in an air-tight container with a layer of olive oil on top. Use as & when required.
Thanks for reading…!!