Wishing all my readers a very Happy & Prosperous New Year..!!!
It’s Holiday Season all around with Christmas just gone by & New Year around the corner, arriving soon. I hope you all enjoyed the journey of Advent Calendar as much as I did. A total of 23 bloggers from all over the world shared their holiday recipes, ranging from side dishes to main course to desserts to cakes & cookies. I would definitely be trying some of the recipes from that treasure very soon; but today I am here to share my own holiday season recipe for your New Year’s celebrations – “Spaghetti in Pesto Sauce with Cherry Tomatoes”.
This recipe is originally not mine but my cousin’s, who made this amazing Pesto for this dish. My cousin was recently in city from London & he makes very good dishes, especially Pasta. So, one night we decided to have a Pasta dinner & since I had been craving for a nice spaghetti for very long, we decided to make spaghetti in freshly made Pesto. Trust me guys, I have not had a better Pesto till date & the pasta turned out simply delicious.
For making the Pesto, you’ll need:
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Yields: 7-8 servings
Ingredients for Spaghetti in Pesto Sauce:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 5-6 tbsp
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves, finely chopped/grated
- Pesto – as per personal preference for the quantity of sauce. I used almost all the Pesto I made using about 500 grams of basil. (I prefer my pasta to be more saucy)
- Fresh Cream – 6-7 tbsp
- Parmesan Cheese – as per preference & for garnish
- Spaghetti – 500 grams, boiled
- Cherry tomatoes – 7-8 nos., cut into halves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tbsp to drizzle on top
Ingredients for Pesto:
- Sweet Basil – 500 grams, washed thoroughly
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 125-150 ml or accordingly lesser as per preference
- A big handful of Pine Nuts, roasted
- Grated Parmesan Cheese as per preference
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preparation Method for Pesto:
- Dry roast the pine nuts lightly in a non-stick pan and keep them aside to cool.
- Grind the washed basil in a food processor till coarsely ground and start pouring olive oil slowly in the food processor.
- Add pine nuts & Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper & grind again till you get the desired consistency of the sauce.
- Store the Pesto in refrigerator in an air-tight container with a layer of olive oil on top. Use as & when required.
Preparation Method for Pasta:
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water till cooked Al dente. If you don’t like it Al dente, boil till you get your preferred chewiness.
- Drain the spaghetti & keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute.
- Add pesto and saute for a minute, add cream and mix well.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Add the drained spaghetti & mix till gets coated with the sauce properly.
- Do the taste test, and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Take out the spaghetti in a serving bowl, drizzle olive oil, add cherry tomatoes & grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
- Serve it hot with a glass of chilled white wine.
Thanks for reading…!!