CHOCOLATE – One word which takes me out of stress and depression and uplifts my mood instantly. Who doesn’t love chocolates?
I guess no one….!!
I like all the sweet things chocolatey and given a choice, I always opt for chocolate desserts ranging from chocos to shakes to chocolate biscuits to ice creams to cakes. I don’t have a major sweet tooth but I do crave for a chocolate cake every now and then. One slice of chocolate cake with a cup of tea or with a scoop of ice cream is an absolute bliss for me. But, sometimes you are too impatient to wait for an hour to get the fresh out-of-oven cake.
For those such days, today I am sharing a super easy and quick to make “Eggless Chocolate Cake in Microwave”. Yes…!! You heard it right..!! It’s eggless and made in microwave in just 10 minutes from start to end. No elaborate beating required, no fancy beaters or equipment required, just stir, whisk, mix and bake; and your super chocolatey and super yummy cake is ready.
I had seen a video from Bakers Delight for this recipe on my Facebook news feed a few days back but I was sceptical if this will come out good as me not too good with and not too fond of eggless cakes, but nevertheless still shared the video and saved the video with myself, and I must say it looked superbly spongy. I had posted this recipe on my various Facebook food groups and on BetterButter, and I have received a tremendously amazing response for the same.
So, don’t wait up, go and gather up all the easily available ingredients and simply bake this scrumptious chocolate cake. To bake this cake, the ingredients you will need are:
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- All-purpose flour/maida – 1 1/4 cups
- Cocoa Powder – 1/4 Cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar and oil and whisk till sugar dissolves.
- Add milk, lemon juice, and vanilla essence to the sugar mixture and whisk to combine everything.
- Sieve the maida, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Add the sieved dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix till everything gets combined and the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter in a greased microwave safe bowl.
- Put the cake in the microwave and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 5-10 mins in the tin and then invert it on to a plate. Let the cake cool completely.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar, slice it and enjoy.
NOTE: Make sure to check the cake at 4 mins and if undone, microwave at 1 minute intervals at a time. Serve this cake warm with a chocolate ganache on top and a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate sauce to make it a heavenly dessert.
Thanks for reading..!!