This post is in continuation of my previous post about the “Quick Bread Pudding”. As I had mentioned in my earlier post that I will be sharing the two recipe versions of the bread pudding, this post is all about the second version made using the sweet fruit bread. This recipe for Fruit Bread Pudding is of my friend Madhu Dhawn, and uses the condensed milk instead of sugar and uses both cream and milk. This pudding comes out to be richer and creamier than the regular Bread Pudding. I sprinkled some brown sugar and chocolate chips over the pudding just before baking to get a nice crunchy texture in the final dessert.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 50-55 minutes
For this version of the “Fruit Bread Pudding”, you’ll need:
- 6-7 slices of Britannia fruit bread, it has tiny cake like slices
- 1/2 cup fresh cream/malai/Amul Cream
- 1/3 cup milkmaid, increase it if you like it sweeter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- A handful of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the bread slices into triangles or 1 inch cubes. Keep aside.
- Whisk together the milk, cream and milkmaid.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk again.
- Grease a baking dish and arrange the cut bread slices in an overlapping pattern till all the slices are used up.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture over the bread. Press the bread pieces with a spatula so that the bread is easily soaked in the mixture. Let the mixture soak the bread slices for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar and chocolate chips over the bread before baking.
- Take a large oven-proof pan/tray, pour hot water and then place the baking dish in it.
- Bake it at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes or till done. Insert a knife or skewer to check if it’s done. The knife/skewer will come out clean. Let it stand for 10 minutes before digging in.
- The bread pudding will rise beautifully while baking but eventually will sink down upon taking out of oven.
- You can skip milkmaid in case you want and add sugar according to your taste. You can skip cream also and make it only with milk.
Thanks for reading..!!