Firstly, I wish all my readers a very Happy Diwali and a prosperous New Year ahead..!! Hope you guys had a happy and safe Diwali celebrations…!! I sincerely hope this Diwali and Hindu New Year brings a lot of prosperity & happiness in your lives..!!
This time of the year is the most awaited time and brings so much festivities with it. I personally eagerly wait for this time of the year as for me Diwali means new clothes, new home decor, new decorations, lights, candles, sweets, yummy food etc.
In this festive time, I am bringing to you an easy peasy recipe for “Eggless Almond Cookies”. These cookies require simple ingredients which are readily available in your kitchen and they are extremely easy to make. Just mix all the ingredients & bake them.
I tried these cookies for the first time a few days ago on a friend’s request. He wanted to first do a tasting before placing a bulk order with me for the cookies. I got the recipe from a friend of mine, Madhu Dhawn, & finally decided to give it a try. Cookies came out to be super crispy & tasty but a tad bit sweeter to our liking. However, my tasting client was happy & finally decided to place the bulk order as well. It was a major achievement for me as had never received & successfully delivered such a big order on my own. So friends, I can assure these cookies will be a sure shot hit with your friends & family, as I have already baked these cookies thrice till now. So guys, go and grab all the ingredients & get to baking these yummy crispy cookies for your family or for your friends to impress them on your next tea party or for personalized gifts.
For the cookies, you’ll need:
- 5 tsp Butter or 5 tsp Dalda
- 1/4 cup Castor Sugar
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar or Normal Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Almond/Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Semolina/Sooji
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Chopped/powdered almonds
- 2-3 tbsp Milk for binding
- Almonds, sliced for garnishing on top
- Sieve the flour and semolina with baking soda & baking powder and keep aside.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and castor sugar using the hand whisk or electric mixer.
- Add vanilla essence and mix again. Add the flour-semolina mixture and mix well.
- Add milk, if required, for binding into a smooth dough.
- Add chopped/powdered almonds and mix well.
- Scoop out small balls from the dough, press an almond slice on top of the dough ball and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes till you get your desired brown color and crispiness.
a.) Brown sugar & castor sugar are totally optional. You can just use normal sugar too.
b.) For egg version, add 1 egg after creaming butter & sugar and reduce the baking soda to 1/2 tsp.
c.) Adjust the quantity of milk. Add only little bit of milk just for binding the dough together. I hardly used 2 tbsp milk.
d.) Butter yielded better results for cookies.
e.) You can skip semolina and make the cookies only with using 1.5 cups all-purpose flour also.
Thanks for reading…!!!