Continuing with my series of summer friendly recipes, I am bringing you an eye catching & refreshing lemonade recipe. This lemonade drink has a really vibrant color and unique sweet tangy flavor. I made this “Strawberry & Watermelon Lemonade” using my last batch of strawberries for the season. I had seen this video recipe for watermelon lemonade by Smita Rawat of HappyTummy2HappyHeart with Smita fame, and had that in mind to try it for my hubby.
One fine evening, when he returned home from office, I had all the required ingredients at hand plus the strawberries which I had bought the same afternoon. So, I tried this lemonade and it turned out to be very refreshing & made with all natural ingredients. This juice is a healthy option too than to have store bought sugar-laden juices to quench your thirst in this scorching heat. For the recipe, you’ll need:
- Watermelon – 10-12 small pieces
- Strawberries – 5-6
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sugar to taste
- Salt/Juice Masala/Chaat Masala to taste
- Chilled water/club soda – 1 glass
- Few mint leaves chopped
- Ice cubes
- Deseed the watermelon pieces and blend watermelon & strawberries in a blender.
- Sieve the mixture to get the fresh watermelon strawberry juice concentrate.
- Dilute this concentrate with chilled water/soda as per your preference.
- Add lemon juice, mint leaves, salt, chaat masala & sugar to taste and stir well.
- Add the lemonade in a glass and top with ice cubes.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve chilled.
Thanks for reading..!!